SOCIAL MEDIA VLOGGER / CONTENT CREATOR
Freshers Life is excited to announce a brand-new opportunity for a vlogger to join the team on a part-time basis and help drive the company’s on-going creative social media expansion.
As well as being imaginative, inventive and inspired, you will be up-to-date with current and future social media trends. You will be a video native with the confidence and skill to produce and star in your own high-quality student-focussed on-camera creations.
This is a new and exciting role. You will have the freedom and responsibility to make it your own. You will understand how to produce entertaining, inspiring and engaging content for a national network of over 500,000.
Apart from conceptualising, writing and filming different types of vlogs, you should be able to package material in different kinds of video formats, tailored for specific platforms. You will be required to brainstorm and discuss topic ideas with the editorial team before filming. Your responsibilities also include conducting thorough research and maximising efficiency on search engines and popular video channels.
This is a part-time, flexible role, which will work around your studies. You’ll be earning extra cash as well as adding quality experience to your career history. You’ll also receive plenty of perks as part of working with one of the U.K.’s biggest event companies. If you can present your ideas creatively and conduct yourself professionally, then get in touch with us.
We offer a competitive salary, dependant on experience & skill.
As a valued part-time member of the Freshers Life team, you’ll receive the same benefits as our full-time office staff:
- FREE VIP events & festivals tickets
- Access to employee discounts
- Discounts on party holidays
- Be part of a fun team
- Experience for your CV
- First access to more jobs
- Amazing opportunity to meet lots of friends & other freshers
- Room to progress
- Work when you want
- Work from home
- Undertaking thorough research before filming content
- Checking video quality and copyright issues before uploading
- Actively participating in Q&As and live streams
- Ideating and writing engaging scripts
- Uploading videos to Snapchat, Instagram & TikTok channels
- Reviewing user engagement and comments
- Creating awareness via socially relevant topics
- Ensuring top-notch video blogs
- Experimenting with different styles of vlogging
- Keeping track of video hit rate and subscriber count
- Making fun videos on topics like ‘A day in the life of a fresher’, ‘Random facts about Freshers Life’, or ‘Behind the scenes at the events’
- Must be enrolled in either a bachelor’s degree similar to Film Studies or have relevant vlogging experience via a YouTube or TikTok channel
- Highly creative, passionate, and entertaining
- Ability to write engaging scripts and stories
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of trending topics and current affairs
- Basic understanding of social media marketing and editing techniques
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to manage flexible working hours
Freshers Life is the largest and most trusted network for university applicants in the UK, covering more than 72 cities & 141 universities. With over 500,000 active students using our platform, we are proud to be industry pioneers responsible for bringing learners together every year.
We allow freshers the chance to get to know their potential course & hall mates, address any issues, ask questions about their applications, access quality university guides, find student jobs ready for when they start, and become a part of some of the UK’s biggest freshers’ week events.